Disney Parks Moms Panel 2014 Search Coming Soon

2 Aug

It’s almost that time of year again. The Disney Parks Moms Panel 2014 Search is coming soon….

Help Spread Some Vacation Pixie Dust – Coming Soon!

Have you and your family experienced numerous Disney Parks vacations? Do you consider yourself a “go-to” person who is always on the lookout to help a friend plan a magical Disney vacation? If you answered yes to these questions, we’d like to hear from you!

disney_parks_moms_panel_recruitlogo

In 2008, the Disney Parks Moms Panel was created to serve as an online forum of vacation advisors. The advisors were everyday people who would answer questions and offer advice to families in the process of planning a trip to Walt Disney World® Resort.

Since then, the panel has become a valuable resource for thousands of Disney Parks guests. It’s also grown in breadth since its initial launch. Now, Disney Parks Moms Panelists not only help plan magical vacations for guests heading to Walt Disney World Resort, but also answer guest questions about Disneyland® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disney Vacation Club®, runDisney® and ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex.

DisneyMP_chalkboard

When I first applied back in 2008, I hadn’t visited the Walt Disney World Resort since 2003. Needless to say, I did not make it past the first round of applicants. Since then, however, I have visited Walt Disney World at least once a year. I’ve also applied to be on the Moms Panel every year. It may seem crazy to some, but I know that I should never give up on my dreams.

I’ve shared parts of my roller coaster journey in a few blog posts, which can be found in the WDW Moms Panel category, but my family and close friends have heard the most. All of the stresses, the excitement when I get an email telling me I am moving on to the next round, and the devastation when “my year” didn’t come once again. I’m happy that I’ve been persistent though, and that I keep on believing the dream that I wish will come true. I’ve been in the second round of applicants for the past three years. And last year was my first year making it all the way to the round three phone interview.

What will my sixth year of applying hold? You’ll have to follow along with me to find out!

About these ads

11 Responses to “Disney Parks Moms Panel 2014 Search Coming Soon”

1. Suzanne Rudge (MapleMouseMama) August 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM #

I will be routing for you Bob! I too have applied every year since the panel’s inception, but have never, not once, made it out of round one :-( It gets harder each year to accept defeat, that is for sure. Unfortunately for me this will be the first year I do not qualify to apply as I will be missing the 12 month mark :-( I thought it would not bother me, but alas, I was wrong. I will be chEARing for all of Disney pals to make it this year, most especially those who have applied year and year. I personally think it is time they notice the dedicated ones. :-) Good luck Bob!

Suz

2. MapleMouseMama August 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM #

Good luck Bob, I will be routing for you! As a fellow Disney freak I have been applying each year since the panel’s inception, but never, not once, made it out of round one. Each year it gets harder to accept defeat. Alas this year I will not be applying due to missing the 12 month mark :-( I thought it would not bother me that much, but I was just fooling myself. This panel means so much to so many of us. I will be chEARing on all my fellow repeat applicants, hoping that you are the chosen ones this year. I think that kind of loyalty deserves to be rewarded.. Good luck!

Suz

• MagicalDaddy August 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM #

Thank you for the support, Suz! :-) I appreciate my friends like you chEARing me on. It definitely helps. I’m sorry you missed the 12 month mark. Perhaps the guidelines will be different this year? Keep moving forward!

3. dawncullo August 4, 2013 at 3:19 PM #

I love your blog! Great information. I am going to apply for the 1st time this year.

• MagicalDaddy August 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM #

Thank you so much, Dawn! :D I’m excited to hear you’re applying this year. It’s a roller coaster of emotions, but the end goal is well worth it.

4. DisneyGal Gayle August 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM #

Believe in the possibilities….live your dreams! This week at Disney Performing Arts one of the things that really stayed with Zack was when Susan, the head of the Program told them all “Never lose sight of your dreams because as your pursue them, they only get bigger.” Hold onto that and believe in the magic!

• MagicalDaddy August 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM #

So true, Gayle! I’ve felt defeated in the past, but I remember that Uncle Walt encouraged his teams to “keep moving forward.” I plan to do just that until I reach my dream!

“All of our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.” —Walt Disney

5. Nanette ~ AMomBlog August 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM #

Keep on believing in your dream! Hoping for lots of pixie dust for you.

6. Lori Ketcherside August 5, 2013 at 2:13 PM #

I’m applying as well! If you’d like to come hang out with our DISboards Moms Panel hopefuls group here- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3147365 we’d love to have you!
    Off to go read about your adventures last year.
    See ya real soon~
    ~~~~ºOº~~~~~

• MagicalDaddy August 7, 2013 at 9:25 PM #

Thanks, Lori! I doubt I’ll join the boards, but I’m sure I will keep up with the excitement. Thanks for stopping by!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,579 other followers